Android Classic Agent Maintenance Releases
15.4.5 (September 11, 2023) - Download the Android Classic device agent from the MobiControl Android OEM Specific Agent Downloads page.
|The agent refreshed the device lockdown screen every time the device received a notification
|On some devices, the screen turned black and froze when a Remote Control session was initiated
|The agent removed the list of pre-installed certificates on the device from the agent's database
15.4.4 (August 11, 2023)
|On Android 11+ devices that received Google’s OTA Android mainline April 2023, 802.1x Enterprise Wi-Fi configurations failed to install. Please see this SOTI Pulse article for more information.
15.4.3 (July 10, 2023)
|On some Zebra devices, the floating Home button was disappearing after a device reboot.
|On some Zebra devices, the device user was unable to return to the shared device login screen from the unauthorized screen after a failed attempt.
|On some Samsung devices, the agent failed to respond and crashed.
|On some Panasonic devices, the agent failed to respond and crashed.
|The agent would check in with the server multiple times after a package was deployed.
|After entering admin mode, the app drawer would sometimes not launch when swiping up on the device.
15.4.0 (May 16, 2023)
Important Notes About This Release
As of this release, the SOTI MobiControl Android agent can no longer be installed on the following unsupported operating system (OS) versions:
- Android Classic: OS versions 4 and 5
- Android Enterprise: OS versions 5 and 6
See the complete list of End of Life (EOL) Notices on SOTI Pulse to reference these and other upcoming changes in support.
New Android Agent Branding
The Android agent logo has been updated to reflect the redesigned branding for SOTI MobiControl.
- Install, uninstall, and set Wi-Fi Network configurations on Android Classic and Android Enterprise Work Managed
- Access IMEI, ICCID, Subscriber ID, MCC, MNC, Carrier Names, Phone Numbers, and Signal Strength for all SIM cards on Android Classic and Android Enterprise Work Managed
- Configure Zebra Mobility Extensions (MX) XML based configurations for Zebra devices on Android Classic and Android Enterprise Work Managed
- Set Access Point Name (APN) Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) on Android Classic and Android Enterprise Work Managed
- Access list of installed APNs on Android Enterprise Work Managed and Corporate Personal devices with a supported OEM-specific plugin
- Access Custom Attributes on Android Classic and Android Enterprise Work Managed and Work Profile