MobiControl 15.4.1 Release Notes
Version 15.4.1 Build 4828 on September 27, 2021
Please note: We strongly recommend following standard IT change control practices and testing product upgrades in pre-production environments.
Contact SOTI's Professional Services and Support team or visit the product documentation for information on proceeding with your upgrade.
- SOTI MobiControl now requires a minimum of Java 11. You can choose either Oracle Java 11 or OpenJDK 11. Refer to Online Help for the OpenJDK 11 setup procedure.
- Upon upgrade, SOTI MobiControl installer automatically rebuilds the search data. As a result, any saved System Health Advanced Analytics charts data will be lost.
- If you are using a version of Cloud Link Agent (CLA) that is 3.x or lower, it must be uninstalled before installing and setting up CLA 4.0. If CLA 4.0 is not set up with SOTI MobiControl 15.4.x, any operation or functionality related to LDAP and AD CS will not work. For more information on CLA 4.0 setup, please refer to CLA 4.0 help.
SOTI XTreme Hub
- You can disable the file transfer capability on a select SOTI XTreme Hub and block devices from using that SOTI XTreme Hub. You can also target specific Android and Windows CE/WM devices and block them from using a SOTI XTreme Hub to download files.
- MobiControl search can be used to identify SOTI XTreme Hub devices that are active via the new “XTreme Hub Enabled” device property.
- Feedback is provided in the SOTI MobiControl device activity logs when SOTI MobiControl fails to assign a user-based App Store license to a device user when the App Store is disabled.
- You can now differentiate between WPA and WPA2 encryption methods in Apple Wi-Fi configuration profiles.
|MCMR-27799||"Preserve Device Location" option could not be disabled for Add Device Rules on Zebra Printers|
|MCMR-27778||Protection of Application Catalog details in JSON format|
|MCMR-27854||Packages were re-installed intermittently on Windows CE devices|
|MCMR-28568||SOTI MobiControl help links navigated to an invalid URL|
|MCMR-26980||SOTI MobiControl Search Integrity did not reach 100% and resulted in missing devices|
|MCMR-26829||Client certificate keys were not cleaned by the deployment server resulting in accumulated data in the Crypto Folder|
|MCMR-27541||Some iOS App Catalog Rules were not migrated to App Policies when upgrading SOTI MobiControl from 15.2.1 to 15.3.1|
|MCMR-27906||The iOS Application Catalog page required lateral scrolling on smaller form factor iOS devices|
|MCMR-24850||SOTI MobiControl users could not access the Add Devices Rules even with appropriate permissions|
|MCMR-26900||“Android Enterprise Email Address” was not displaying as one of the configurable columns inside the column view settings on the Devices Listing page|
|MCMR-28561||Searching for LDAP user and group names with Cyrillic symbols generated "No matches found" result|
|MCMR-28310||Option to set the Assign Date of a profile did not save properly|
|MCMR-25582||The mail sync stopped working on Android Enterprise devices when ERG configuration "Device Exchange configuration must be provided by MobiControl" was enabled under Exchange Profile|
|MCMR-27681||Zebra LifeGuard OTA configuration did not reach target Android 10 devices|
|MCMR-26855||Content Library files did not correctly set the effective date when the SOTI MobiControl web console and SOTI MobiControl server were in different time zones|
|MCMR-26147||A warning was incorrectly presented to the user on iOS 13+ devices when SOTI MobiControl pushed an enterprise application of less than 200MB to devices that had the option “Ask if Over 200MB” selected in Settings > App Store App Download options|
|MC-123521||App Catalog Rules were not visible under the App Policies view after upgrade|
|MC-124683||SOTI MobiControl requested iOS 11+ devices to update App Store or custom applications even when the devices had a newer version installed|
|MCMR-27819||Custom data configured for devices was not exported as a column in the .csv file from the Devices Listing page|
|MCMR-27437||Profile Name was altered upon upgrading|
|MCMR-25546||Logged out SOTI MobiControl web console users were shown in the “Users Connected” section of the corresponding Microsoft Management server on the Web Console Global Settings page|
|MCMR-28076||Viewing report schedules resulted in internal server error|
|MCMR-28186||In the Add Devices Rule, device rename macros returned invalid output|
|MCMR-27002||The column containing the custom attribute “Code Site” was empty when a .csv list of all devices was exported|
|MCMR-28080||Android A10 devices were not enrolling into Zebra LifeGuard OTA|
|An Apple App Store License Management account could not be created using an Apps and Books token with no licenses for any app|
|MC-123532||Managed Google Play (MGPA) Apps were visible on the SOTI MobiControl Agent in devices enrolled as Android Enterprise without a Google Account|
|MCMR-28188||Upon upgrade, users were unable to access profiles containing filter criteria|
|MC-120972||Group search in all assignment dialogs (e.g., when assigning a profile) was slow|
|MC-125971||Browse File in App Policy was hidden after a language override|
|MCMR-28013||Device groups were being selected when trying to view child groups|
|The Japanese version of the SOTI MobiControl console contained translation inaccuracies|