SOTI Snap v2.0.3
SOTI Snap 2.0.3 (January 28, 2020) Get the installer for SOTI Snap v2.0.3 from our SOTI Downloads page
- NFC Widget Improvements
- Continuous Barcode Scanning
- Improved Screen Orientation Detection
- Open Locations in Native Google Maps App
- Capture Device Metadata
- Developer API: Fetch Values in Reverse Chronological Order
NFC Widget Improvements
Trigger a custom sequence of actions when a device reads an NFC tag. The new OnRead event for the NFC widget allows app developers to read information from the NFC tag and then use that information to execute further actions. App developers can set the OnRead event to trigger after clicking the NFC widget or when the form loads.
The mandatory Map Read Value action parses information from the NFC tag and places the read values into specified widgets or variables. From there, app developers can configure further actions to suit their needs.
Continuous Barcode Scanning
App users can scan multiple barcodes consecutively. Previously, app users had to relaunch the Barcode widget after each scan. Now the barcode scanner remains active until it’s disabled. App developers can control this behavior by enabling the Allow Continuous Scanning setting in the Barcode widget properties panel.
Improved Screen Orientation Detection
SOTI Snap apps now render according to the current orientation of a device, improving the viewing experience of all users, particularly users with wearable devices.
Open Locations in Native Google Maps App
App users can now open locations pinned in the Map widget in their native Google Maps app. App developers control this behavior on each pin location independently by enabling the View in Google Apps setting in the Map widget locations editor.
Capture Device Metadata
The SOTI Snap agent now captures device metadata such as model, serial number, and others that app developers can use in their custom scripts to target devices more precisely.
Developer API: Fetch Values in Reverse Chronological Order
To support situations where app developers need to dynamically refer to values from the latest app versions, the following app version records are now ordered from latest to earliest.
- With the migration of user management to SOTI Identity, obsolete features such as profile picture management have been removed from the SOTI Snap console. Existing pictures will remain visible but cannot be replaced or edited.
- iOS users are no longer prompted to update their SOTI Snap agent when the SOTI Snap server is upgraded but a newer agent is not available in the iOS App store. Users running earlier agents can continue to install apps published from previous versions of the SOTI Snap server.
|MADP-22002||A null error toast message appeared after editing records in an app with two-way sync configured|
|MADP-22579||Decreased latency when synching app data to server|
|MADP-23050||Incorrect error messages were displayed after adding Reset and Validate actions in the wrong order|
|MADP-23090||Field Names that contained non-English characters did not display correctly on the Field Mapping screen|
|MADP-23554||Duplicate data was added to Report after editing app records with check boxes, radio buttons, or dropdowns|