SOTI Identity Logo
Release v1.1 -- June 06, 2020
SOTI Identity 1.1.0 (June 06, 2020)
- Support for Third-Party Initiated Login
- Azure AD Integration using Graph API
- Improved Login Experience
- Password Expiry Policy
- Design Changes to SOTI ONE Portal
- Simplified Application Assignment
Support for Third-Party Initiated Login
After integration of SOTI Identity with a third-party IdP, users can log into SOTI Identity directly from their IdP portal. They don’t need to re-authenticate. Previously, users could only log into SOTI applications through SOTI Identity, whether directly or through a SOTI application. Existing customers who had previously connected an IdP must update their SOTI Identity Entity ID to ensure the integration works.
Azure AD Integration using Graph API
Customers can now easily integrate Azure AD with SOTI Identity by simply authenticating the connection with an Azure AD administrator account. This allows Azure AD users to access SOTI ONE products through SOTI Identity using their AD credentials.
Improved Login Experience
Users can set SOTI Identity to remember their account details during login. Once saved, users only need to enter their password to login.
Additionally, SOTI account users can use the Forgot Company ID option to get a list of all the Company IDs associated with their email address.
Password Expiry Policy
Identity Account Administrators can define the password expiry period for SOTI account users. When a user’s password expires, they must update their password on their next login.
Design Changes to SOTI ONE Portal
SOTI Identity v1.1 introduces a redesigned SOTI ONE portal that displays SOTI ONE products in alphabetical order. Administrators can rearrange them by changing their application names. The administrator console entry point is now located in the hamburger menu, rather than as an application tile.
Simplified Application Assignment
Identity Account Administrators can now add users and assign applications to them in the same workflow. Administrators can also see the complete list of applications assigned to users.
- Identity Account Administrators can now search for registered applications in the Applications page and add LDAP or third-party IdP connections directly from the Users page
- The role dropdown selection has been replaced with a toggle, so that by default all new users or user groups are assigned the application user’s role unless otherwise specified
- Except for SOTI Central, role assignment is now mandatory when assigning a user to a SOTI ONE application
- SOTI Identity tenant and instance name have been added to error messages logged when administrators try to configure an already registered application. These messages are available from the Management Server logs of SOTI MobiControl and SOTI Connect
IM-4418 Made the User Attributes mappings for SOTI MobiControl and SOTI Connect non-editable IM-5835 Removed the Manage Credentials action for SOTI Snap, SOTI Central, and SOTI Insight applications IM-5928 Users who were members of multiple Active Directory groups could not login
Release v1.0 -- November 04, 2019
- v1.0.1 on December 12, 2019
- v1.0.0 on November 04, 2019
Introducing SOTI Identity!
SOTI Identity is a centralized, cloud-based, authentication and authorization service that validates user credentials to provide secure and seamless access to SOTI ONE applications. Users can access all SOTI ONE applications with a single account.
SOTI Identity enables account administrators to manage and configure settings for application users from a single place and manage access rights for each application.
- Single Entry and Sign-On for all SOTI ONE Applications
- Consolidated User and Access Management
- Secured Access with Password Policies
Single Entry and Sign - On for all SOTI ONE Applications
SOTI Identity removes the need to remember individual product URLs by providing a portal for accessing all SOTI ONE applications. When users log into the portal, all the SOTI ONE applications to which they have access are displayed. Thanks to SOTI Identity’s single sign-on functionality, users can access all SOTI ONE products without the need to re-enter their credentials.
Consolidated User and Access Management
SOTI Identity manages user access rights for all SOTI ONE applications maintained by an organization. Account administrators can create local SOTI accounts for users or import users from their own organization’s directory or IDP. In addition, administrators can define user roles and associate permissions with those roles within each application.
Secured Access with Password Policies
Account administrators can define password policies for local SOTI account users. Users must create passwords that meet the specified password complexity requirements. This capability, combined with single-sign-on functionality, can improve security by reducing the number of passwords users need to remember; thus, encouraging them to create a single, stronger password.
- Users logged into more than three SOTI ONE applications, who log out from one of the applications, are not logged out of the rest of the applications. They must log out of the rest separately.
- Users logged into SOTI Identity using Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) credentials may receive an error message when logging out. Nonetheless, the log out was successful.