MobiControl v14.1.3 Release Notes
14.1.3 Build 1587 (April 30, 2018)
MD5 Checksum: e45590ed097b6299e4e6dd7254aba805
- The MobiControl installer will warn on upgrade if it detects Profiles with the Webroot powered "Web Filter" and/or "Antivirus" device configurations. Future upgrades will not be allowed unless all "Web Filter" configurations are transitioned to "SOTI Surf", and all Android device agents are upgraded to v13.5 or higher to continue support for Antivirus.
Features and Improvements
Administrative Interface (New UI)
- Various corrections to non-English language translations.
- Added “Deployment Server” as an available device property in Search and Device Information panels.
- Actions executed at a device level will be prioritized higher than outstanding queued device events. (Introduced in v13.4 MR5)
- Added option to Permanently Delete Devices from the database when they are deleted from the Web Console. Refer to How to Configure Permanent Deletion of Device Records from the MobiControl Database for more details.
- Introduced device event log that indicates when a Remote Control session ends.
- Subject Alternative Names can now be used for Entrust certificate templates.
Administrative Console (New UI)
||Corrected placement of Custom Attribute data picker to avoid it being cut off when invoked at the bottom of the screen
||Corrected a condition that showed devices with 100% “Battery Status” under the “Unknown” bucket
||Corrected a problem that would result in the loading spinner from animating indefinitely on Security and Content information panels
||Resolved a problem that would result in the input caret not appearing in some fields within the console when using Chrome
||Corrected a problem that caused the search bar to behave incorrectly when attempting some advanced queries
||Corrected a problem that prevented switching from the New UI to the Legacy UI after logging in again after a session timeout
||Long device names will no longer displace device actions in the device information panel
||Corrected the label of a macOS device in the Self Service Portal, so it isn’t misrepresented as an iOS device
||Corrected an error that could result in Self Service Portal permissions being lost after upgrading to v14
||The Deployment Server logging will no longer revert back to “error” after restarting the service
||MobiControl Search Service will now restart after its certificate is changed through MobiControl Administration utility
||MobiControl Search Service will now detect updates to Java and restart correctly
||Corrected a database related problem that resulted in a “Catastrophic Failure” during installation
||Corrected a problem that would result in Custom Data properties not appearing after upgrade to v14 if the name included a dot
||Added server identification properties (IP Address and Server Name) to emails generated by the “Test” button
||Corrected a condition that would cause the MobiControl installer to fail to “Setup failed to complete post-installations tasks”
||Improved validation of Speed Lock Down configuration to prevent “Internal Server Error” when saving
||Improved consistency of “Supported APIs” as shown in the Web Console and Android Device Agent
||Corrected a problem that prevented adding Android Enterprise application to App Catalogs if the Google Play entry did not have a version number of the given application
||Corrected a condition that would results in an “Internal Server Error” when saving the “Restrictions” configuration in a profile for macOS
||Changes to the Update Schedule are immediately applied and no longer require the agent to disconnect and reconnect
||Corrected a condition that resulted in Windows Modern applications generating a device event log indicating the app had expired
||Corrected a condition that resulted in deleted Windows Modern Desktop devices reappearing in the console after they have been deleted
||Improved certificate installation handling to prevent one certificate installation failure from causing others to fail simultaneously
||User is notified to accept Remote Control session if the administrator does not have the “Remote Control without Notification” permission